‘Tis the season to spend time with family and friends! What better way to do it than by hosting a get-together? You don’t have to be Martha Stewart to throw the perfect holiday party. Follow these easy tips from your friends at Christmas Decor by Bama Exterminating and you’ll be on your way to hosting a holiday gathering to remember!
- Get Into the Spirit: Whether you prefer country, rock, pop, or the classics, you can find the perfect party playlist on Pandora or Spotify—without having to play DJ all night. Turn up the volume, make a cup of hot cocoa, and curl up in front of the fireplace to get into the party-planning mood. (Don’t have a real fireplace? This virtual one on YouTube will do the trick!)
- Set the Tone: Will your party be a sophisticated affair, an all-night throw-down, or somewhere in between? Do you want your guests to dress up in their Sunday best or come casual? Fortunately, there are no set rules for holiday parties, so choose what is most comfortable for you and make sure your guests know what to expect!
- Decide Who to Invite: Just like Santa, you’ll want to make your list and check it twice. Depending on the type of event, this is a good time to ask who’s been naughty and who’s been nice and invite accordingly. Invite people that you know will contribute to the success of your party. No Scrooges allowed!
- Plan the Menu: If you enjoy cooking, a holiday party is a great time to show off your culinary skills. For those not adept in the kitchen or strapped for time, call in a local caterer or ask your guests to bring a dish to share. Beverage classics like eggnog and apple cider are always a hit. If you’re feeling more adventurous, mix up a batch of seasonal cocktails.
- Make It Fun: A tacky white elephant exchange or ugly sweater contest are fun ways to keep your guests engaged, but be sure to specify these activities on the invitation so no one is caught off-guard. Other ideas include a holiday-themed photo booth, pin-the-tail on Rudolph, cookie decorating, or Christmas karaoke.
- Deck the Halls: A holiday soiree isn’t complete without the proper decor. While you’re finalizing the details of your party, let Christmas Decor by Bama Exterminating turn your home or business into a winter wonderland. Why spend your time untangling lights and rushing around to find just-the-right decorations? Our experts will work with you to plan and install a holiday-themed design that will have your guests oohing and aahing long after the season has passed. And the best part: we’ll take it down and store everything for you when the holidays are over!